Monday, May 18, 2020

CoViD-19 has not affected all of us

I saw a television commercial today with the tagline, "CoViD-19 has affected all of us."

My initial reaction was, "No, CoViD-19 has affected a certain percentage of us. That percentage varies depending on where you are and what kind of testing is available."

My next thought was, "Government oversight and control has affected all of us and they are using CoViD-19 as a means to increase that control."

I'm no conspiracy theorist but if I were to learn through reputable sources that an authoritative body, either state or federal, was taking steps to increase its power over citizens by using a pandemic to its advantage, I would not be shocked.

It is my believe that the government should be issuing clear recommendations and it should be up to the people to decide if they want to follow those recommendations. If I want to go to a bar and hang out with my friends, I should be allowed to do that. If the government recommends that I not go out to diner with some friends and I decide to go, it is on my head if I come down with the flu.

I am considered "elderly". I am one of the people that the government is using as an excuse to control everyone. They are saying, "You have to do this because of the vulnerable members of our society." I would like the government to stop using me as the reason no one is allowed to act like a mature, intelligent adult with free will.
  • Being an adult means that when presented with evidence that a certain action is hazardous, you review the evidence and make an informed decision.
  • Being a mature adult means you recognize the value of the evidence and don't question it based on misguided opinion.
  • Being an intelligent adult means you weigh the risks of your decision and you pick the best course of action based on not only your wants & needs but on those around you as well.
  • Being a mature & intelligent adult means you don't do something that will cause harm to someone else.
I am a mature & intelligent adult and I would like to be treated like one.


That's enough 'rona bullshit.

Tonight's Red Sox game is from June 15, 2011 when they went to Tampa to play the Rays. Now usre what the feature is this week but I'm pretty sure the brawl thing is behind us.

While I watch the game, you can click these if you want:

No comments: