Thursday, May 21, 2020

Frustration level is rising

I am slowly losing my mind over some code. Basically I am comparing two files to look for matches on a shared key field. The problem is I am never processing the final record of a series of duplicates in one of the files and I can't figure out why.

Somehow I'm skipping over records. I hate when I skip over records.


Other than that, it was a pretty quiet day for all of us except The Small Dog.

She discovered a baby (and I do mean baby) mouse living in one of the bushes just outside our back porch and it's driving her nuts.

She presses her face up against the screen and growls, whines, barks and moans at this mouse. The mouse, however, doesn't really seem to care. It just climbs up one of the branches of the bush and stares at The Small Dog, taunting her.

I don't like mice and I usually kill them on sight but this guy is as small as my thumb. I'm no baby killer. Give it a few weeks and it will be a grown mouse and shortly after that, it will become an ex-mouse.

I do, however, really like having a dog back in the house. She is working hard to keep me informed about the mouse.


I've got a webinar to listen to and a baseball game to watch (I'm a multi-tasker!) so let's get to the links:

No comments: