Friday, May 8, 2020

They tell me it's gonna snow

There is an old curse: "May you live in interesting times"

It's a curse because the best times to be alive are times of peace and tranquility. Interesting times are times when all kinds of things are going on.

We are living in interesting times.

- We have a pandemic and are pretty much confined to our home.
- We have an economy that is faltering at best.
- We have an unemployment rate per capita that is close to approaching that of the great depression.
- Now, to top it all off, climate change is gonna hand us a big ol' pile of shit by dropping 1-2 inches of snow on us on May 9th.

All I know is that I really hope my little Japanese Red Maple trees don't get damaged by this alleged snow.


They delivered my daughters cap & gown today.

She won't get to wear it in an official graduation ceremony but you can bet I'll have her put it on and take pictures of her wearing it.

It kind of sucks that after working so hard for the last ten year to achieve her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine she doesn't get a ceremony with her classmates but I like to think her mom and I will do something to recognize her accomplishment.

I am, as always, the proud dad.


I'm going to watch a fairly modern hockey game (it's from 2009) and then watch game 4 of the 2004 World Series.

Well, maybe only six or seven innings of game 4 of the 2004 World Series.

While I do that, you can click on these:

No comments: