Saturday, May 30, 2020

I'm pretty sure the gardens are now done.

My back is also done. I have a feeling it's going to be a couple of days before I can stand up straight again.


Not much to prattle on about today but I do want to show you the following graphic:

That graphic is from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and it is part of the daily Covid-19 update released by the state. If you are having trouble reading it, let me tell you what it says.

It says that of the 6,768 deaths in Massachusetts, 6,439 were people over the age of 60. That means people under the age of 60 have a pretty slim chance of dying from the virus. As a matter of fact, you have a far better chance of dying in a car accident.

Here's another graphic:

That graphic says that people with no underlying conditions have almost no chance (less than 2%) of dying from the virus.

So if you are under 60 and have no underlying medical (probably respiratory) condition, you have a better chance of dying in a shark attack.

In other words, don't panic like the health department in East Longmeadow who shut down the Fenway driving range and fined the owner. If you want to be afraid of something, be afraid of getting into your car and driving to the store.


Here are some links that you can click on while I watch some old hockey and ancient baseball:

No comments: