Wednesday, May 20, 2020

I miss The Red Green Show

I was talking to someone on a video chat today and we were talking about a small project that was turning into a real shit show. I said, "Well, we could always call in Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services" and he immediately said, "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati".

For those of you that are not fans of that fantastic Canadian television show from a bygone era, The Red Green Show, Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati is the official motto of the Possum Lodge which is located along the shores of Possum Lake in the scenic town of Possum Lake Canada.

One of the recurring characters was Winston Rothschild III, owner and sole proprietor of Rohtschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services. (Official Company Motto: "No tank too big, no tank too small, teacup or cesspool, we suck 'em all!")

Red Green gave us such fantastic sayings as, "Keep your stick on the ice" and "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" and my personal favorite, "I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess."

As far as I'm concerned, The Red Green Show was one of the finest things to come out of Canadian television. It ranked right up there with SCTV (Second City Television) which, if you know anything at all about comedy television, gave us greats like John Candy, Harold Ramis, Catherine O'Hara, Dave Thomas, Rick Moranis, Eugene Levy, Martin Short and Andrea Martin.

Canada is a very funny country.


Ten years of college at various institutions came home to roost this morning. It all arrived in this little box:

You have no idea how glad I am that my daughter and her little dog are back home.


Apparently this week's baseball theme is "complete games / no hitters". Last night was Hideo Nomo (I'd forgotten about him). Tonight's game from June 7, 2007, features Curt Schilling taking on the Athletics.

While I enjoy the game, you can enjoy these:

No comments: