Friday, May 1, 2020

Not a bad day

I managed to get my lawn mowed today. I also managed to cancel my flying lesson that I had scheduled for May 5th. It's now scheduled for May 19th.


Speaking of May 19th, Connecticut has decided to begin the process of reopening on May 20th. That means every person in Massachusetts that is sick and tired of being cooped up in their home is going to head to a restaurant/bar in Connecticut. I'm betting the joints down in Enfield are going to have a great couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, Charlie Baker is saying that he doesn't think the state will actually be ready to open on May 19th. He said the 19th is just another point in time to evaluate the status.

This is getting ridiculous.

I get it. This is not about stopping me from getting the virus, it's about preventing the hospitals from getting overwhelmed. This is all about spreading out the infections over longer periods of time so we don't end up like New York City with bodies stacked in refrigerator trucks out front of hospitals.

All I'm saying is we need to start being human beings again.

Soon.

But not too soon.


Because NESN has decided to run the baseball games at 8:30 at night, I have not been able to stay awake to see the endings. Tonight's game is scheduled to go until 11:30 and that is way too late for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch.

My evening schedule has become Bruins from 6p to 8p. Then a half hour of Tom Caron sitting in his house talking to different people and finally Red Sox from 8:30p until I fall asleep.

So while I do all that, you can do these:

No comments: