Thursday, May 7, 2020

I'd forgotten how good the Bruins were in the 90s

I'd also forgotten how poor the TV picture quality was back in the 1992.

The difference between a television picture from 1992 and one from today is like comparing a movie film from the 1800s to one from today.

At one point in my life, I said, "I don't need HDTV. I'm happy with the TV I have now."

Man, am I glad I didn't listen to myself back then and I got myself into HDTV.

Another thing I notice when I watch a Bruins game from the 1992 is the advertising along the boards and the number of companies that no longer exist.

Here is a montage of the boards from tonights game showing some of the ads:

  • Northwest Airlines merged with Delta.
  • Lechmere was bought by The Dayton Hudson Company and was closed down in 1997.
  • BayBank was bought by Toronto Dominion Bank and is now called TDBank.
  • U.S. Healthcare was bought by Aetna.
  • NYNEX (New York/New England Exchange) is now known as Verizon.
  • Shawmut was bought by Fleet Bank and Fleet was bought by Bank of America.

History is history, even when it involves corporations.

I can't help but wonder what current companies will not exist in 2050.


Here are a few links that you can click on while I watch game 3 from the 2004 World Series:

No comments: