Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Cam Newton is highly overrated

In July, when the Patriots announced that Newton would be their new quarterback, I was kind of on-board with that decision. I thought he would work out okay despite having not played for a year. After winning 2 of their first 3 games, I figured they would at least finish above .500 and maybe get into the playoffs.

Man, was I wrong.

They have one more game left to play and since they are playing the Jets, there is a very good chance they will end the season with a 7-9 record. But I'm thinking it's even money that the Jets might just win and the patriots will end up with a 6-10 record. That's a .375 record which is a pretty crappy record unless you're a baseball player and that's your batting average.

I think Belichick should give Stidham the ball next week and see what he can do with it. He can't possibly be worse than Newton.

I also think Belichick should not bring Newton back next season.

It was an interesting experiment but enough is enough.


Time for another speed test:

Yep, still getting what I'm paying for.


Here are some links that you may, or may not, find interesting:

No comments: