Saturday, December 12, 2020

So I rewired it!

Tim Allen is stuck in my head today because I'm putting in a new electrical circuit.

One of the gifts we bought for our daughter requires a dedicated 15 amp circuit. This is no big deal because I happen to have an unused 15 amp breaker in my electrical panel and plenty of 12/2 wire.

Today I pulled the wire into the panel, clamped the correct wires to the appropriate locations (bare copper to ground, white to neutral and black to hot) and unspooled the wire to the approximate location of the gift. I haven't yet cut the wire to length because until we get around to building the gift for her and putting it where it is going to go, I don't know where I want to locate the plug.

So anyways, as I was randomly jamming screwdrivers and needle nose pliers into my electrical panel, I was doing my best Tim Allen imitation, yelling, "So I rewired it! Ugh, ugh, ugh"! I also tossed a little Michael Keaton in there when I said, "Oh yea? You gonna make it all 220? Yea. 220. 221. Whatever it takes."

If your lights dim and you hear a loud screaming noise from south Wilbraham, you can assume I randomly jammed my screwdriver into the wrong place...


Aside from Trump and his ongoing, "I did not lose!" insanity, there are two other interesting things going on in the United States. The first is the approval of the long awaited 'rona vaccine and the second is the news that Hunter Biden might have actually been involved in some shady doings.

The first item is a good thing and if it actually works as advertised, we might be able to get back to living. My brother will be in the first wave of the first phase and he says if he grows a third eye, he'll let us know.

The second item is a bad thing and I'm not shocked by it. As far as I'm concerned, democrats are among the most corrupt people on the planet because they are really good at convincing people they are nice. Take a good long look at Nancy Pelosi and I suspect will find a slimy little con-artist. Shake the trees Schumer is hanging around in and I'm betting a lot of nasty characters fall out of them.

I will watch the outcome of both of those items with interest. The first because if my brother does grow a third eye, I'll be avoiding the vaccine and take my chances with the 'rona. The second because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and if Hunter Biden is a scumbag, it's a good bet that his dad won't be any different.


The following links may be entertaining:

No comments: