Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas

I hope all of you have a good day and in order to start it off right for you, I got you this:

If you don't find that funny, you lack a sense of humor.

I'll be back later with some aditional crap.

Or maybe not. We'll see how things go.

I'm back.

It has been an excellent Christmas.

Right now I'm playing with my new Arduino Uno microprocessor. I have no idea what I'm going to make it do yet but once I have the compiler installed on my laptop and I've connected to the board, I'll try some simple commands to maybe flash some lights or something.

I also have a new Raspberry Pi that will be turned into a file server / Apple Time Machine. All of us have Macs and Time Machine is the backup software that Apple supplies. We have been doing backups to external hard drives but once I get the Pi up and running, along with a terabyte hard drive I have, our laptops will do periodic backups automatically, without us having to mess with a hard drive.

Finally, I got the coolest thing of all: A shiny new air fryer/oven/dehydrator. Since today was already planned to be a major food consumption day, I haven't actually used it yet. I did manage to set it up and do the recommended "first use test burn" to burn off any packaging residue.

Tomorrow we will hopefully enjoy some fried calamari and maybe some tater tots or hand-cut french fries. Who knows, maybe we'll even get around to dehydrating some blueberries or something.

I'll let you know how everything turns out.


I hope you all had an excellent day. Aside from the high winds, power outages and heavy rain, it was a good day to have a good day.

Here are a couple of links I managed to find:

No comments: