Wednesday, December 2, 2020

I'm hoping this wind dies down soon

I have to do my biannual flight review some time this month and I don't feel like doing it when the winds are blowing like they did today.

The low pressure system that was sitting over upstate NY that brought us those lovely 40-50 mph wind gusts two days ago has moved north into Canada. It's still driving our wind but not as strong as the other day. Right now Bradley Airport is reporting 13-15 mph winds. The last thing I want to do is show some flight instructor my flying skills while battling variable winds blowing at 13 mph.

That's like taking the drivers road test during a snowstorm. Sure, you can probably do it but why would you?


I'm still trying to get my Christmas shopping completed before December 20th. That's the Sunday before Christmas and if I can accomplish that feat by then, I will have 4 days with no stress other than the stress exuded by my wife who habitually tries to make sure everyone has the best Christmas ever!

Although I suspect there will be less stress on her part this year because there are no entertainment events planned for the holidays.


Unless the NFL cancels or postpones the game again, I'm going to try and watch the Steelers play the Ravens tonight.

Here a re few links of note:

No comments: