Sunday, June 20, 2021

It was good Fathers Day

I spent the day chillin' on the porch until it became too hot and then I spent the day chillin' in the AC.

We decided to do pinwheel steaks and since it was a warm day, I decided to do them on the grill.

Normally I cook these in the oven by putting down a heavy layer of spinach on a pan and then placing the steaks on the spinach. The spinach cooks nicely in the 325° oven and prevents the steaks from sticking to the pan. Clean up is easy and we have a nice bit of spinach to go with our mozzarella and spinach pinwheels.

So today, instead of heating the house up with the oven, I put my layer of spinach on the pan and put my steaks on the spinach. Then I put the whole deal on the grill and closed the lid.

The steaks cooked great but the spinach turned into brown parchment.

Trust me, never put spinach into a 500° grill.

⧫

The Rays lost last night so for most of today, the Red Sox were in first place in the ALEast by half a game.

Then the Red Sox went and lost to the Royals this afternoon, putting them into a tie for first place with the Rays.

The Rays are still playing the Mariners as I type this (tied 2-2 in the 9th) and if they lose, the Red Sox will once again be in first place. If they win, the Red Sox won't be in first place.

⧫

I'm going to enjoy the remainder of Fathers Day.

You can enjoy these links if you want:

No comments: