Sunday, June 20, 2021

It was good Fathers Day

I spent the day chillin' on the porch until it became too hot and then I spent the day chillin' in the AC.

We decided to do pinwheel steaks and since it was a warm day, I decided to do them on the grill.

Normally I cook these in the oven by putting down a heavy layer of spinach on a pan and then placing the steaks on the spinach. The spinach cooks nicely in the 325° oven and prevents the steaks from sticking to the pan. Clean up is easy and we have a nice bit of spinach to go with our mozzarella and spinach pinwheels.

So today, instead of heating the house up with the oven, I put my layer of spinach on the pan and put my steaks on the spinach. Then I put the whole deal on the grill and closed the lid.

The steaks cooked great but the spinach turned into brown parchment.

Trust me, never put spinach into a 500° grill.


The Rays lost last night so for most of today, the Red Sox were in first place in the ALEast by half a game.

Then the Red Sox went and lost to the Royals this afternoon, putting them into a tie for first place with the Rays.

The Rays are still playing the Mariners as I type this (tied 2-2 in the 9th) and if they lose, the Red Sox will once again be in first place. If they win, the Red Sox won't be in first place.


I'm going to enjoy the remainder of Fathers Day.

You can enjoy these links if you want:

No comments: