Tuesday, June 29, 2021

One down, three to go

Despite the fact that Garret Richards came out and stunk the place up during the first few innings and the Royals took an early 5-2 lead, the Red Sox managed to get their collective shit together and somehow come from behind to win the game 6-5, taking the first in the four game series.

Richards is a heart attack for me, and most Boston fans. He came out and gave up one home run (three runs scored) in the first inning. It got worse in the second inning when he gave up two home runs. By the time the second inning ended, the Red Sox were down 5-2.

In the third innings, Richards seemed to get himself in order and started striking batters out. He ended up going 5 1/2 innings and not allowing any more runs.

If Richards ever learns how to warm up properly and starts pitching well right out of the gate, he will do okay. Until then, giving up five runs in the first two innings sucks and he needs to stop doing that.

First pitch will be at 7:10 this evening and Pivetta will be on the mound. As far as I'm concerned, Pivetta is doing okay. Hopefully that continues this evening and the Red Sox take the second game in the series.


There is an old saying in my line of work: Everything is great until it's not great anymore. Then it really, really sucks.

I say this because I heard from an old friend the other day that he had a problem. Seems someone had installed ransomware on his desktop & laptop and he had lost everything. He wanted to know if I could take a look at his hard drives to see if there was any chance of recovering any of his photos or documents.

The short answer is: No, there is no way of recovering anything from any of his hard drives.

I asked him if he had any backups and he said, "I backup the laptop to the desktop. The desktop gets backed up to the attached external drive." For the record, he never unplugs the external drive from the desktop so to the ransomware process, it was simply another hard drive to encrypt.

I feel bad for him. He does have a fair number of photos on some thumb drives but his documents are gone, never to be seen again.

Heads up people: Backup your computers. And when the backup is done, disconnect the backup drive from the computer. My wife, my daughter and myself all use external drives to backup our machines and those drives are disconnected when the backups are done.

Also, stop installing "free games" on your computers. Nothing is free. They all come with a cost that can be measured in either money or data. No one writes computer games and gives them away for free.


Still on the hunt for ammo. No one, and I mean no one, has any ammo for sale. Well, that's not entirely true. They have ammo for sale but nothing that I need or want.

If ever find any, I'm going to buy as much as they'll sell me. I'm no conspiracy theory nutjob but I'm beginning to think that maybe there might be some kind of government move to limit ammunition.

The democrats have been trying to limit gun ownership for years now but the second amendment to the constitution keeps getting in their way. The problem is, the second amendment only enumerates the right keep and bear arms, it doesn't say anything about the right to own ammunition for those arms.


I'm gonna eat some food and watch some baseball.

Yo should check these out:


No comments: