Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Things are working

This is a screen shot of the camera monitor running on linux server:
There are currently two cameras. The first camera is in my basement (hence the lack of light) plugged directly into a USB port on the server. The second camera is plugged into a USB port on a Raspberry Pi that is pointed out a second floor window at my driveway.

I'm actually pretty happy with this little project. I'm considering buying a couple of cheap wireless IP cameras to add two more to the network and see how this platform handle it.

It only records when it detects motion and once it records, it send me a text message to let me know there was motion.

And for the record, this system is only accessible from my internal network and it's turned off until I'm doing some testing. I have no intention opening it up to the internet. Last thing I want is some creepy voyeur clown peeping on what's going on around my house.


So Goofy Joe and Vlad the Hacker sat down for a "historic summit" today.

I'm not entirely sure I would call it "historic". This guy has met with every president since Clinton which makes this more of a "routine summit" than a historic one.

But the media needs to make money so they sensationalize everything. They make every event seem as if it's the single most important event since man landed on the moon. I remember sitting in a bar with Pat, watching Wolfe Howitzer on the TV and I commented on the fact that CNN labeled every story as either "Breaking News" or "Ongoing Coverage of Major News".

Sensationalization is fine if you are working as a bit actor in a low-grade noire movie but if you are reporting the news, just report the damned news.


This is late because I went to a picnic at work today. It was a pretty good time with good food and good people.

It was nice to see a group of human beings sitting around tables, chatting and laughing with each other. It was also nice to catch up with some of the guys I haven't seen in a while. The facilities guys are always a fun group, along with the security guys.


The Red Sox are currently up 2-0 in the third inning.

While I watch the rest of this game, you can check these out:

No comments: