Sunday, June 27, 2021

Three down, none to go

The Red Sox defeated the Yankees last night. That meant they won two of the three games in the series.

The Red Sox defeated the Yankees this afternoon. That meant they won three of the three games in the series.

This, my friends, is what is known as "a sweep".

If the Rays ever get around to losing like I think they will, the Red Sox should be able to keep their heads above water during the second half of the season.

Checking the box scores tells me the Rays lost this afternoon which puts the Red Sox back in first place. That is great and all but the Ray's need to go on another one of those 7 game losing streaks. That will put the Red Sox well into first in the division.

Oh, and I also have a small suspicion that either Brian Cashman or Aaron Boone may be looking for a new job in the near future. Maybe both of them. Hal Steinbrenner cannot be happy about the way this season has gone for the Yankees and if things don't improve in the second half, I imagine some changes may be made.


I found this on a website of fake products and thought it was funny:


The Stanley Cup final between the Lightning and the Canadiens begins tomorrow evening.

I'll try to watch a little bit but it takes a back seat to the Royals / Red Sox game.

My prediction is that the Lightning will win the cup in six games. I base that prediction on the fact that I dislike the Lightning and every time I predict who is going to win a championship, they lose.


I'm going to burn through some DVRs, fiddle with my linux camera stuff and then maybe fall asleep early.

You can visit these links if you want:


No comments: