Thursday, June 24, 2021

Still in first place

Despite playing like crap and losing to the Rays last night, the Red Sox remain in first place in the ALEast. Granted, it's only half a game lead but it's still first place.

I have always been skeptical of Garrett Richards and genuinely concerned that Tanner Houck was playing baseball in Worcester while Richards was pitching in the majors. The job of the GM is to field the best team possible and keeping guys like Houck, Downs and Chavis in Worcester means they are not fielding the best team.

Then again, I'm no baseball expert so take what I say with a grain of salt. Or the whole salt mine. Your choice.


So half of a 12 story apartment building in Miami fell to the ground last night and it might have taken a bunch of sleeping people with it.

They are still unsure who was home at the time but I'm betting a fair number of those 51 missing people were home, asleep in their beds.


I spent an hour teaching my daughter the finer points of handling and discharging firearms this afternoon.

She has always wanted to learn how to shoot and I've had her shooting a pellet gun so I know she knows enough to figure out which way to point the thing but today we actually spent time getting her educated in how a gun works and what rules need to be followed to be safe.

Oh, and we also sent a shit load of lead downrange.

It was fun and we both enjoyed the time together.


Hopefully I get to see the Red Sox beat the Rays this evening and hold on to first place.

Enjoy these links:


No comments: