Tuesday, June 22, 2021

The humidity finally broke

At 6:00 this morning, the weather dweeb predicted that the humidity would break between 10:30 and 11:00.

At 10:15, I went onto the porch to let The Dog out and said, "Meh, it's still humid."

At 10:45, I went onto the porch to let The Dog in and discovered, much to my delight, that the temp had dropped a good 5°, maybe 10° and there was no humidity.

I guess those weather dweebs get it right every once in a while.


The Red Sox are in Tampa to play a three game series against the Rays starting at 7:00 tonight.

The Rays, in an effort to wrest first place back from the Red Sox, have called up their wunderkind, Wander Franco.

I'm not sure if this is a good move or a bad move.

This kid is supposed to be the best baseball player in the minor leagues and probably in MLB in general but he has never played in the big leagues. He may show up and discover that this is a whole new level and his abilities are equal to or less than most other big league players. He may also show up and tear the cover off the ball.

I guess we'll know soon enough because the Rays have him in their lineup at 3rd base, batting second.



For the record, I did not watch any DVRs last night. I put the Astros / Orioles game on and watched the Orioles get their ass kicked.

As for today, I'm going to figure out what to have for dinner and then watch the Red Sox.

You can figure out what to do with these:

No comments: