Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Furniture moving

The department my wife runs at the school lost two professors this spring and that means everyone gets to change to a new office. The office choices are based on seniority.

Even though my wife liked her office, she decided she would move so one of her professors could move out of the lower level and up to the third floor with the rest of the department.

Normally, these moves fall to the facilities department but they have lost several guys this year and the ones that are left are pretty busy trying to do all the normal summer repair work that needs to get done before students return in August.

That means that my wife and her co-workers have been moving stuff out of old offices and in to new offices themselves. Today was no different but she asked if I would lend a hand, so I did.

We moved several large tables (thank goodness for hand trucks) down three floors (also, thank goodness for elevators) to a room that is slated to be a research area. Then we moved a desk into the office we just took the aforementioned tables out of.

To finish things off, my wife went in to her new office and started hanging pictures while I went for my traditional Wednesday walk with our department admin.

For the record, my wife now has a very nice corner office on the top floor.


The more I read about the handling of the shooting in Uvalde, Texas, the more I get a real bad feeling that a massive coverup is being laid out.

I understand that there is a law that says, and I'm not directly quoting the law here, law enforcement does not have to release any records if the criminal is dead. I'm not sure what that is supposed to do but it seems the Texas Law Enforcement at the local, county and state levels are all withholding information from each other and the media.

I'm beginning to think that if I lived in Uvalde, I would have zero respect for anyone on the city or state police or the county sheriff's office.

From where I stand, it appears that no one had the balls to protect those kids. Don't talk to me about waiting for someone to take charge. That's not a situation where you wait for someone to take charge. You go protect those kids. If your boss yells at you for doing that, he's an asshole.


The Red Sox managed to win again last night, beating the Tigers 5-4.

Tonight it appears the Devers will be off with Downs playing third in his first-ever major league baseball game.

It should make for an interesting game.


Here are some links you can click on:

No comments: