Friday, June 10, 2022

We are no Arnold Palmer

Pat and I tackled the par 3 golf course today and I can say with all honesty, we don't suck.

Don't misunderstand me - we aren't good but we don't suck. I don't want to embarass myself or Pat by sharing our scores so let's just say we both broke a hundred and leave it at that.

I think the best way to describe it is we know the theory of how golf clubs works but we just don't quite have the ability yet.

Suffice to say, my back hurts and I'm pretty sure I inhaled a bunch more pollen than I needed to but, all-in-all, it was a good time that got us both off our asses, out of our houses and walking farther than a trip from the couch to the fridge.

And for the record, I got my very first senior citizen discount today. Pat, however, is still a child and had to pay full price.


The Red Sox lost last night, breaking their wining streak at seven.

That's not a bad streak.

Tonight they start a three-game series against the Mariners. Hopefully they also start a new winning streak. A ten or twelve game winning streak would be nice.

I will not be awake to see tonight's game because it doesn't start until 10:00.

There is no way I'll be awake at that hour. I'm exhausted from all that golf I played today.


Did you watch any of the coverage of the hearings on the attack on the Capital?

I didn't watch any of the coverage and boy am I glad I didn't.

I've decided that every time anyone associated with either the federal or state government opens their mouth, they are lying.

The committee is lying, Trump and his ilk are lying and the witnesses are lying.

I don't know about you but I've had more than enough bullshit in the last ten years and I don't need any more.


I've taken three ibuprofen and I'm getting ready to make dinner. Once that is done, I will try not to fall asleep on my couch.

You can visit these links if you want:

No comments: