Thursday, June 23, 2022

No baseball tonight

With last nights win against the Tigers, the Red Sox completed another sweep and are now 1½ games ahead of the Rays. They are still ½ a game behind the Blue Jays and 12½ games behind the Yankees but they are slowly making there way to the front of the ALEast. They may not make first place but they stand a good chance of landing in second place and staying there.

All things considered, I'm not unhappy with their play since mid-May when something happened and they suddenly started hitting the ball.

They are on their way to Ohio to play a three-game series against the Guardians. After that, it's up to Canada for a two-game series against the Blue Jays.

These five games are important because the Guardians are a tough team (they are in first place in the ALCentral) and those games are going to be a toss-up. The Blue Jays are the team currently in second place in the ALEast and any win against them means picking up a game on them.


Busy afternoon because today was the house inspection. My daughter asked if I would be there so I was. I will always be there.

The report will be available in a day or two but the inspector found no show-stoppers. There are a few things that need to repaired but it looks like this is going to go ahead and my daughter will become a homeowner.


Found this on the interwebs and thought it was funny as hell:

Mike is probably going to be in trouble for most of his maried life...


The SCOTUS ruled that state laws designed to prevent someone from carrying a concealed weapon are unconstitutional. Specifically, they ruled that New York's law requiring people to have a special need to carry a concealed weapon was unconstitutional.

Here's what I think - I think if you are carrying a concealed weapon, you are asking for trouble. You are looking for a reason to use that gun and you will probably end up dead or in prison.

You want a gun, get a gun. Learn how to use that gun and enjoy the sport of shooting but don't carry it around like you live in 1882 Tombstone.

I've been around guns my entire life and only once have I carried one concealed. I was going to a range in Ludlow but I wanted to stop into a McDonalds to get something to eat. Since leaving a gun in your vehicle is against the law, and really stupid, I put it into a holster, put on my jacket and went in to place my order.

Please don't walk around like you're Wyatt Earp or Harry Callahan.


I'm going to watch some minor league baseball and then fall asleep early.

You can visit these if you want:

No comments: