Thursday, June 30, 2022

Back in second place

The Red Sox managed to recover in the tenth inning last night and beat the Blue Jays 6-5. That meant they avoided the sweep and they also moved back in to second place in the ALEast.

They are off tonight while they travel to Chicago to play a three game series against the Cubs. From there it's back home to Boston to start the grueling no-days-off-fourteen-games-in-a-row stretch against the Rays and the Yankees.

We are fast approaching the half-way mark in the season (also known as the All-Star Break) and I gotta be honest with you, I'm kind of impressed with the turn-around the Red Sox have managed to do. When you look at things, they went from being, "Man, they suck!" to "Man, they are kicking ass!" in half a season. If they can improve their bullpen, either through trades or call-ups from the minors, they stand a real good chance to taking the first place spot away from the Yankees.

Now I know what you are saying. You are saying, "Steve, the Yankees are unstoppable! There is no way the Red Sox can take them!"

Hear me out on this one...

Historically, the two best hitters on the Yankees run into health issues in the second half of the season. Judge and Stanton usually end up on the DL for a month or so and I expect that to happen again this season.

When that happens, the Yankees will be lucky to win one out of every three or four games they play.


Time for an update on my monkeypox situation
    Nope, I don't have monkeypox. Just a blood blister from when I pinched my finger between the edge of my grill and the house.
This has been your update on my monkeypox situation.

Since we once again have a working refrigerator, we also once again have leftovers. That is what we will be having for dinner this evening.

While I microwave my food, you can click on these:

No comments: