Thursday, June 9, 2022

Seven games and counting

Eovaldi pitched five good innings and then the bullpen took over. Four of them worked the remaining four innings and in the end, the Red Sox won 1-0.

Their one run came in the sixth when Verdugo worked a walk and Dalbec smoked a line drive down the first base line into right field. Verdugo nver hesitated, turned on the juice and ran as hard as he could to score from first.

Tonight is their final game against the Angels and while I want them to win, I'm happy with the fact they won the series.

They are currently 2½ games behind both the Rays and the Blue Jays. They are now 10½ games behind the Yankees.

In other baseball news, the Angels are currently on a 14 game losing streak. Their last win was on May 24th. That's a long time to go without a win.


They started televising the hearings about the January 6th attack on the Capital and, for the record, I'm not watching them.

I remember the Watergate hearings as being a bunch of pompous old guys trying to get their faces on camera as much as possible. I imagine this will be much of the same.

I'll read about it on the internet in a day or two.


I am ready to go play some golf if I ever hear back from Pat. For all I know, my emails are still being directed into his spam bucket.

My lawn is mowed, my clubs are clean and I have a brand new bottle of ibuprofen. I'm about as ready as I can be.


I'm going to eat some dinner, watch two innings of baseball and then go to bed.

Here are some links for you to click on:

No comments: