Monday, June 20, 2022

I stand corrected

When it was announced that the AAA affiliate of the Red Sox was moving out of Pawtucket to Worcester, I said it was the dumbest move they could make. I said Worcester is congested, I-290 is the worst highway in the state and the city itself is a shithole.

I stand corrected...

Yesterday my youngest persuaded his sister, my wife and myself to meet him in Worcester for a Worcester Red Sox game. For the record, I am now a fan.

It took about fifty minutes to get from my driveway to the McGrath municipal parking lot in Worcester. After parking, we walked over to the train station to meet my son who had taken the commuter rail in from Boston.

From there it was a pleasant five minutes to walk to the 110 Grill where we had a very nice lunch before the game.

After lunch, it took five minutes to walk to Polar Park where we waited in line for about five minutes to get through security and into the park.

We had great seats and they didn't cost $300 each. I believe my son paid $27.00 each for them.

After the game ended (the Red Sox won), we walked back to the parking lot and paid the $12.00 parking fee. We piled into my car and I drove my son back to Boston. We were going to go to dinner out there but we were all too full from lunch and ballpark snacks so we said our goodbyes and headed home.

All toll, it probably cost a bit over $200 for the four of us to have a great meal and enjoy a good baseball game. On top of that, we were home by 7:00 at night even after driving to Boston and back.

Believe me, I will be doing that again. I don't even want to think about how much that same experience would cost in Boston at Fenway...


Dinner is done and the Red Sox are on. And for the record, my youngest will be at the game. Seems that one of his friends works at Beth Israel and gets a deep discount on tickets.

While I scan the crowd behind home plate in Section 18, Row 17 looking to see if I can spot my son, you can click on these:

No comments: