Thursday, June 16, 2022

Insert Title Here

The Red Sox beat the Athletics last night, winning the series.

This afternoon, the Athletics managed to avoid the sweep by beating the Red Sox 4-3.

Still, it's the second time in two weeks that the Red Sox have won a series against the Athletics.

Hopefully the Athletics don't go crazy and fire Kotsay because it is not his fault that the Athletic infielders can't seem to catch or throw a ball and that the Athletic batters can't seem to hit the ball.


Time for another update on my retirement plans:
    Nope. Still never going to be able to retire...

This has been another update on my retirement plans.


Back in 1988, my cousin Dan and myself called our Uncle Marino and asked if he was covering the US Open out in Brookline. He said yes and asked if we wanted to go. We, of course, said yes and, thanks to my Uncle Marino, we were given full-access press-passes to The US Open at The Country Club in Brookline, MA.

It was kind of boring because, well, it's golf. It's not the most exciting sport to watch in person.

Still, we went on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, I gave my pass to my brother-in-law and I stayed home to watch the final round on television.

Marino no longer covers sports for a regular publication but he still writes because it's his life. It's what he does.

And yes, he's the uncle from Pennsylvania that calls me every time the national news talks about the northeast having weather like a snowstorm or a rainstorm.


Tonight is leftovers. After that, it'll be a Gold Rush kind of night.

While I do that, you should enjoy these links:

No comments: