Monday, January 2, 2023

Another win

The Bruins came from behind to beat the Penguins 2-1 this afternoon. The game was played outdoors at Fenway and despite temps in the upper 40s, it looked like the ice managed to remain mostly ice for the entire game.

They are heading out west for games against the Kings, the Sharks and the Ducks. The first two games start at 10:30 so you know I won't be watching those games. The third game is slated to face off at 8:30 so I might get to see a couple of periods.

They'll be back in the eastern time zone on the 12th which means the games will be payed at a decent hour.

On another note about todays hockey game, I listened to one of the best renditions of our National Anthem performed by a trio of guys I've never heard of. They were backed up by the Bosston Pops so I suppose even if they sucked it would have sounded pretty good. But they didn't suck.

They were introduced as "Boston's own Bell Biv DeVoe" and they sang the anthem like it was meant to be sung, without any "artistic" changes or screw-ups.

Oh, and those two jets that flew overhead at the end of that video more than likely originated at Barnes in Westfield.
I loved watching those guys take off and land when I was flying. That picture is a screen capture from a video I took while waiting to depart back in April of 2021.


I'm going to watch some of the Bills/Bengals game and fall asleep early.

While I do that, you can check these out:

No comments: