Saturday, January 28, 2023

I was wrong

Yesterday, when I said todays hockey game was at 7:00, I was in error. According to Alexa, the Bruins game starts at 6:00pm and if there is one thing I've learned in the two or three years that I've owned an Alexa it's that she is rarely wrong.

So anyways, that means I will be able to watch all three periods of hockey without nodding off somewhere in the middle of the third period...

⧫

We have moved on from the furniture moving stage to the picture hanging stage and I'm fortunate that she wanted to start with the really heavy stuff first. That means I got to hang a really heavy mirror in an equally heavy oak frame this afternoon.

I also took down a damaged mirror in our bathroom and patched the wall where it was hanging. She has another undamaged mirror that I will be putting in its place this evening, after the plaster and paint dry.

Other stuff that got put up today that is a pain in my ass - one "floating shelf" which requires meticulous measurements in order to place the screws precisely for the hidden notches to work correctly and a rather large copy of the painting The Tea that was given to my wife at one of her bridal showers a long time ago.

I have been assured that we have now reached the point where everything else that needs to go up on the walls can be held in place by single nails/hangers so no more drilling, inserting molly's and threading screws into place.

⧫

I'm going to make some dinner and watch some hockey.

Here are some links:

No comments: