Saturday, January 28, 2023

I was wrong

Yesterday, when I said todays hockey game was at 7:00, I was in error. According to Alexa, the Bruins game starts at 6:00pm and if there is one thing I've learned in the two or three years that I've owned an Alexa it's that she is rarely wrong.

So anyways, that means I will be able to watch all three periods of hockey without nodding off somewhere in the middle of the third period...


We have moved on from the furniture moving stage to the picture hanging stage and I'm fortunate that she wanted to start with the really heavy stuff first. That means I got to hang a really heavy mirror in an equally heavy oak frame this afternoon.

I also took down a damaged mirror in our bathroom and patched the wall where it was hanging. She has another undamaged mirror that I will be putting in its place this evening, after the plaster and paint dry.

Other stuff that got put up today that is a pain in my ass - one "floating shelf" which requires meticulous measurements in order to place the screws precisely for the hidden notches to work correctly and a rather large copy of the painting The Tea that was given to my wife at one of her bridal showers a long time ago.

I have been assured that we have now reached the point where everything else that needs to go up on the walls can be held in place by single nails/hangers so no more drilling, inserting molly's and threading screws into place.


I'm going to make some dinner and watch some hockey.

Here are some links:

No comments: