Sunday, January 8, 2023

Vacation time for the Patriots

The Patriots needed to win todays game to make it into the playoffs and they just couldn't do it.

The game was tied 14-14 at the half and the Patriots looked like they were in it to win it. Then they came out for the second half and it was all downhill from there with the Patriots losing to the Bills 35-23.

If the Steelers and the Dolphins had both lost their respective games, the Patriots would have still made the playoffs but the Steelers beat the Browns and the the Dolphins beat the Jets. Unfortunately with the Dolphins win, the Steelers were also eliminated from the playoffs.

I'm not overly disappointed in the Patriots season but I was hoping Jones would be better this year.

Actually, now that I say that, I am kinda disappointed with them.

I would like to have seen more of Zappe in some games where Jones appeared to be struggling. I get that Belichick likes to stick with his guy and that's probably a good coaching trait to have but when the game is on the line and "your guy" is struggling, maybe think about trying the other guy...

On the upside, it could be worse - the Chicago Bears and the Houston Texans each won only three games this season. Because the Texans (3-13-1) have one tie, they have a better record than the Bears (3-14) and that means the Bears get the number one pick during the upcoming draft.


The Bruins won again last night, beating the Sharks 4-2.

Tonight's game against the Ducks starts at 8:30 so I'm hoping to see at least the first two periods.

I gotta say that having a .846 (31-4-4) record after 39 games is pretty damned impressive. There are 43 games left in the season so even if they lose 41 of those remaining games, they will end up with a .500 record.


Neither The Professor or myself have any idea what to make for dinner. Maybe I'll just eat a bunch of leftover Christmas cookies...

Here are some links:

No comments: