Friday, January 6, 2023

Another win

Despite the fact I was not able to stay awake to watch last nights game, the Bruins won again. They beat the Kings 5-2, bringing their record to 30-4-4 (.842) and a full 8 points ahead of the second place Hurricanes.

There is some bad news out of Boston - The Bruins placed Jake DeBrusk on the long term injured list meaning DeBrusk will probably be out for at least 4 weeks. Apparently he took a hit during their win over the Penguins last Saturday that resulted in hand and "upper body" injuries. Oh, and for the record, the only reason the Bruins beat the Penguins 2-1 is because DeBrusk scored both of their goals.

The Bruins take on the Sharks tomorrow at 10:30 so, once again, I won't be watching the game.


Aside from the Devers extension, there is another rumor going around that the Red Sox are in talks with (or may have already signed) Yuli Gurriel to a one year contract.

Gurriel is an infielder who won the American League batting title and a gold glove back in 2021. His 2022 season wasn't as good but it wasn't terrible either.

Hopefully he's a good addition to the team.

I'm actually starting to feel pretty good about this team. Not great but I'm not as skeptical as I was. I guess I'll know more about how I feel in 5 or 6 weeks. Pitchers and catchers report in 38 days and shortly after that, spring training games begin.


The republicans are still shooting themselves and each other in the face.

I don't like McCarthy but I'd vote for him just to make this happen.

What an incredible group of spoiled little children they all are. And I'm not just talking about republicans. The democrats are all spoiled little brats too. Just read almost anything said by Lizzy "I'm gonna get me, um, a beer." Warren since she became senator and you'll see what I mean. As far as they're concerned, it's their way or the highway.


Another entry in the list of "I get the best spam":
I'm reminded of that old meme from SEGA Zero Wing:
    Somebody set up us the bomb!!
    How are you gentlemen.
    All your base are belong to us.
    You are on the way to destruction.

For the record, I am no longer positive for the 'rona:
I'm hoping to remain negative for at least another year.

I'm also hoping to not get covid again...


Tonight's dinner is leftovers because, well, we got a lot of leftovers.

While I enjoy my evening, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: