Thursday, January 26, 2023

The hallway transition has a filler

I cut a length of old mahogony I had laying around into a filler strip for the hallway transition at The Vets house. I cut the transition to size and glued the filler strip to it. It's currently clamped up and sitting in her kitchen.

Tomorrow, after the glue dries, I'll install it, tuck in whatever additional small filler pieces it might need and then nail it into place. Once it's stable, I'll probably drive some brass screws into it just for the added strength.

Then I'll cut the pieces for the long transition between the dining room and the kitchen. Those should sit nicely so no need for filler, just need to create a nice joint between the two pieces.


As for my house, we are done with all the fixing. The electrical is finished and the stairway bannister is back in place. And once The Professor is home from work, she can show me how she wants the curtain rods put up so they fit her curtains correctly.

Once she gets her curtains up, we will then get into furniture moving mode which is my way of saying that we will move furniture all over the place while she says things like, "What do you think? Does that look good over there? I don't like it over there. Let's try it over there. No, let's try it back where it was..."

I told her that I will give her the entire day to move furniture because I know that while it might take her some time to get it just so, once she gets it just the way she likes it, it will stay that way for a long while.


I'm going to put up curtain rods and figure out what to have for dinner.

Then I'm going to watch some hockey.

You can check these out if you want:

No comments: