Monday, January 9, 2023

I made it through two periods

I was able to watch two periods of hockey last night before I felt my chin hit my chest. Well, it's not so much "my chin" as it is "my neck fat"...

Anyways...

When I went to bed, it was 4-1 Bruins and it didn't look like they were in any mood to slow down. When I woke up this morning, I learned the Bruins beat the Ducks 7-1 which is kinda humiliating for the Ducks. The Ducks had 29 shots on goal and Swayman had 28 saves which means he stopped 97% of the shots taken against him.

That is some pretty damned good goal tending.

They are on their way back to Boston where they will enjoy a three-game homestand. It starts this Thursday with a 7:00pm puck drop against the Kraken.


Please make note that on this day, I said something nice about our government.

One of the concessions that McCarthy made when trying to convince people to vote for him was the following: In my opinion, that should have been a law, not some decision made by the Speaker of the House. But it's not a law so I'll take the rule.

Any time there is a situation in my house where we've had to figure out if we needed to borrow, we also looked to cut our curent expenditures so as to minimize the amount of money we had to borrow. For instance, when we were paying college tuition for three children, we took out loans to help cover the tuition but we also cut back on things that we designated "nice to have but not necessary".

Our government should be legally required to cut spending whenever it finds itself in the situation where it needs to borrow money. I'm not against the government borrowing money but I am against borrowing money so they can keep spending money on bullshit like the $1,600,000 to help make the shellfish industry in Rhode Island more racially diverse or the $3,000,000 to help fund a museum in Palo Alto, California, one of the richest cities in the nation.

This rule is a good thing because making sure the Speaker stops any bill looking to raise the debt ceiling without cutting spending on earmarks, you at least stand a pretty good chance of reducing the overall debt.


If you know what these are, you are old...
I found those while cleaning out an old box of stuff I pulled off a shelf in my basement.


Stuffed shells with leftover meatloaf in place of meatballs sounds like a dinner dinner. Add a slice or two of garlic bread and it moves into the realm of great dinner.

While I watch DVRs and enjoy my dinner, you can enjoy these:

No comments: