Thursday, January 5, 2023

Looks like Devers will be around for a bit

Rumors are flying that the Red Sox signed Devers to an eleven year contract. This is a good thing because that kid is young (26) and he plays some pretty good baseball.

Hopefully he stays healthy and productive for at least six of those eleven years. I say that because it is inevitable that he will be injured during the season(s) and on some occasions, those injuries may take him out of the game for months at a time.

The best thing about this is if he can maintain his ability to hit the ball, he will be able to make the transition from 3rd base to designated hitter as he ages.

Also, this shows me that the Red Sox are trying to remain competitive and they will hopefully get back to being a premier ball team once again.


I went over to the 'rona testing site this morning and got myself tested. I'm hoping that I get a call or an email tomorrow that says I am negative. The Professor tested negative the other day but I don't really trust those home tests. After looking at the one I took the other day, I'm still not sure I tested positive. It was pretty unclear to me.

Like I said, this is our second time round testing positive for covid. It doesn't have a big impact on either of us, mostly just runny noses and headaches, but it's still a pain in the ass. Neither one of us wants to risk giving it someone who might end up in distress because of it.


Sounds like the Bills player, Damar Hamlin, is improving.


I'm going to watch some DVRs and fall asleep.

You can visit these links if you want:

No comments: