Monday, January 30, 2023

The Superb Owl is set

The conference games are done and in two weeks, on February 12th, the Chiefs and the Eagles will play each other in the Superb Owl.

I have only one thing to say about that:
    Go Chiefs!
If Mahomes can keep his ankle and knee from imploding, I feel like they will beat the Eagles.

On the other hand, most of the ESPN talking heads think the Eagles are going to win and the Chiefs don't even need to show up:
  • Matt Bowen, NFL analyst: Eagles.
  • Mike Clay, fantasy writer: Eagles.
  • Jeremy Fowler, NFL national reporter: Eagles.
  • Dan Graziano, NFL national reporter: Chiefs.
  • Matt Miller, NFL draft analyst: Chiefs.
  • Eric Moody, fantasy/betting writer: Eagles.
  • Sal Paolantonio, NFL reporter: Eagles.
  • Jason Reid, senior Andscape writer: Chiefs.
  • Mike Tannenbaum, NFL analyst: Eagles.
  • Seth Wickersham, NFL writer: Eagles.
  • Field Yates, NFL analyst: Eagles.

Trust me, if the Chiefs win, I'm going to send an email to each and every one of those clowns reminding them that they said the Eagles were going to win.

If the Eagles win, I'm going to shut up and not say anything.


As for the Bruins, the Hurricanes ran all over them last night, beating them 4-1.

They still hold a nine point lead over the Hurricanes in the NHL and I expect them to get back into a winning stretch in the near future. I am, however, realist and know that every team goes through a tough stretch so I'm not going to panic over a few loses.

Next game is Ground Hog Day (Wednesday) against the Maple Leafs. For some reason, the puck drops at 7:30 which means I'm going to struggle to make it through all three periods...


I'm going to watch some DVRs because, well, I've got a lot of them to watch.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: