Saturday, January 7, 2023

I guess the house has a speaker

The House of Representatives elected a speaker this morning when Kevin McCarthy promised to give Matt Gaetz a blowjob on the steps of the Capital building at noon.

Okay, maybe he didn't really promise that but don't be surprised if Gaetz, a Trump cultist who has convinced himself that he is the smartest person in the room when Trump isn't in the room, ends up as the Chair of the Finance, Oversight, Budget or Ways & Means committee. He wanted something from McCarthy and he used his clique of fellow Trump cultists to get it.

Or maybe he'll become the Chair of the Armed Services Committee. Who knows.

What I do know for a fact is the U.S. House of Representatives made a laughing stock of itself over the last few days and with people like Gaetz, Taylor-Greene and Boebert as members, I expect the embarrassment to continue.

Add to the mix the fact that Little Ronny "Honestly, it's not doing anything and we gotta stop with this covid theater" DeSantis stands a pretty good chance of beating Goofy Joe in 2024 and there's a real good chance our once proud nation will begin to look like what was depicted in the movie Idiocracy:


No, I haven't bought a Mega Millions ticket yet.

I know the lump sum payout looks like a good deal (roughly $340,000,000 after taxes) but if you take $1,100,000,000 and divide it into 30 payments, you get $36,000,000 each year for 30 years. After taxes, that's roughly $22,000,000 each year.

Considering the fact that I personally could live quite comfortably on $2,000,000 each year, that leaves $20,000,000 to bury in a tin can in my backyard every year. All those tin cans will add up to $600,000,000 at the end of 30 years and I will have been living a nice soft life on $2,000,000 a year.

Normally I would tell you to take the lump sum and invest it but when this much money is involved, the annuity is the better option. You have a steady lifetime income and if you invest it in low-risk growth equities or bonds, you'll leave a legacy behind that could potentially make generations of your descendants pretty darned comfortable.


I'm watching some golf and some football. I'm also going to make mushroom/mozzerella/bacon burgers and onion rings.

While I do that, you can enjoy these:

No comments: