Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Busy day, again...

The house is slowly being put back together after having some work done and today was my day to do some additional electrical work.

After that I ran over and got a much-needed hair cut.

Finally, it was over to Home Depot to meet The Vet and help her pick out floor transitions. She settled on unfinished oak but the Home Depot here only had one piece and she needs three. I told her to buy the one piece and then go get The Dog and head home. I ran into Connecticut to a Home Depot down there and picked up two more pieces.

Once I got to her house, we moved her stove and refrigerator back into place, gouging three of her brand new floor tiles in the process. I hooked her stove back up to the gas line and her ice maker back up to the water line. Then she told me she was going to replace the three tiles so I headed home to get some much needed dinner.

She sent me a picture of the replaced tiles because she knew I felt bad about the damage:

As for my house, tomorrow will be putting all the wall plates back on the outlets and switches. Then I'll put up the new curtain rod brackets The Professor bought so she can hang her curtains.

Once the work involving tools are done, I will make a filler strip that The Vet needs for the transition from her hallway (which is not level) into her kitchen (which is very level). From there, it's a matter of fitting the filler and putting the transition into place.

There is also a transition from the dining room into the kitchen but that is pretty straight forward and the only cuting required is to notch it around a small wall at each end.

She can then decide if she wants to put some stain on the wood or just a couple of coats of polyurethane.

Things are looking pretty good over there. She's doing a good job making it her own.


The Bruins won last night, beating the Canadians 4-2.

Tomorrow night they face off against the Lightning. Puck drops at 7:00 and I will be watching.

Until then, here are some links for you to enjoy:

No comments: