Sunday, January 29, 2023

The highs and lows of hockey.

Last nights game was one the Bruins should have won. They controlled the game nicely, had more shots-on-goal, more power-plays and basically they were outplaying the Panthers. The Panthers weren't ready to roll over and die because in the third period, they tied the game 2-2.

Then, with 0:48 seconds left in the game, the Bruins scored the go ahead goal, making it 3-2 Boston and making me believe the game was over. I was ready to turn the tv off and go to bed but I figured with less than a minute to play, I'd watch it to the end.

With 0:01.4 seconds left in the game, the Panthers scored, tying the game 3-3, making me exclaim, "WTF!?!" (Only I didn't say just the letters) and forcing sudden-death overtime.

The OT period got underway and 0:17 seconds into the sudden-death period, the Panthers scored, winning the game and making me mumble, "WTF..." (Again, not just the letters).

Hockey can be an emotional rollercoaster and last night was doozy.

The Bruins are back at it again today, taking on the Hurricanes. The game will start in just a few minutes, or maybe it started a few minutes ago, depending on when I clicked the "Post" button of todays posting.


In direct competition with the Bruins is todays AFC conference playoff between the 49ers and the Eagles.

As I type, ther Eagles are up 21-7 at the half and the 49ers are playing with a third-string QB after Purdy suffered an elbow injury in the beginning of the second period

I'd love to see the 49ers win this game and move on to the Superb Owl but my main desire is to see the Chiefs run over the Bengals and move on. That game, the NFC conference playoff, will start at 6:30 this evening.


I'm busy watching many sportings so lets just get to the links:

No comments: