Friday, September 2, 2016

Damn west coast trips...

Because the Red Sox are in California, the game is on at 10:00 tonight. That sucks for me because I'm not gonna stay up that late.

The Blue Jays, however, are playing at 7:00 tonight and I'm really, really hoping the Rays kick their ass several times over the next few days.


Based on all the weather reports about this storm that is coming up the coast, I doubt I'll be doing any flying next week. The one thing I've learned over the last few months is that you don't tempt the fates when you are flying a plane.

As near as I can tell, the fates are good friends with gravity and lets face it, gravity is the cause of every plane crash that has ever happened.


I want to say something about this.

I'm betting that he was standing on an island at a busy intersection, just like all the homeless people do.

I'm betting that he was approaching cars in order to collect money, just like all the homeless people do.

I'm betting that he stepped out into an empty lane to go to another lane and stepped right in front of oncoming traffic, just like the homeless people do.

So my question is if it's illegal for the homeless people to do this, why is it legal for firefighters to do this?

Don't get me wrong, I think that their drive to collect money to fund research into a cure for muscular dystrophy is an honorable thing but stepping out into traffic or even just standing on an island at a busy intersection is a dumb way to do it.


Here are a few links you can click on:

No comments: