Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Getting close to doing some night flying

One of the tasks I need to perform in order to qualify for my pilots license is three hours of flying at night and at least 10 full stop landings at night.

My instructor and I agreed that since we're both old and neither one of us stays up late, we would wait until sunset was at least 6:15 or so. Sunset is now around 6:30 and I anticipate that sometime in the next two weeks, I'll give him a call and set up some night flights.

I also still need to complete a three-stop cross country trip of at least 150 nautical miles in length. I'm thinking of going back to Lebanon New Hampshire and stopping at Keene on my way back. That will exceed the 150 nm requirement and give me three stops - Lebanon, Keene and Northampton.


No, I did not watch the debates last night.

I started to watch but after 5 minutes, I decided that the last thing I wanted to subject my poor, tired brain to was the screeching of Rodham or the insults of Trump.

I turned the debate off, put on Salvage Dogs and fell asleep on my couch,

When I woke up this morning, I read the news and came to the conclusion that the debate winner was Gary Johnson. Yes, he says a lot of crazy stuff but since he wasn't at the debate, he was the only that didn't say something stupid last night.


The Red Sox now have the best record in the American League and the magic number for them to win the ALEast division is 1.

I'm going to watch the game while you do whatever it is that you do. If what you do is click on links, then here are a couple of them for you to click on:

No comments: