Monday, September 12, 2016

First cross-country flight is done.

I flew from Northampton to Lebanon, NH this afternoon. This gave me two hours of my required five hours of cross-country flying. It also gives me one of my three required stops at tower-controlled airports.

Here's the FlightRadar24 record of my return flight from Lebanon to Northampton:

Trust me, the record of the flight from Northampton to Lebanon looks exactly the same except that the little plane is pointed north.

Next up will be a multi-legged trip that I'll work out with my flight insturctor. I'm hoping a Northampton to Westfield, MA to Nashua, NH to Northampton meets the requirements but he'll be the one who decides that.

After I finish with my five hours of cross country flying, I'll schedule a meeting and a check-ride with the local FAA Examiner. Hopefully he likes what I can do and awards me with my my private pilot's license.

That will be a good day indeed.


The Patriots, captained by Jimmy Garoppolo, won yesterday.

The funny thing is that all ten of the alleged "experts" from the NFLs media branch (ESPN) predicted that Arizona would beat New England.

They were wrong.


Now I'm going to watch some baseball as the first place Red Sox welcome the Orioles to Fenway for the first game of a three game series.

I'm hoping that the Orioles continue losing and the Red Sox continue winning.


While I watch the baseball game, you can click on these:

No comments: