Tuesday, September 13, 2016

This is how you Sonic

I made my first trip to a Sonic a couple of months ago and I have no intention of ever going back.

Sonic is "fast" food that is anything but fast. Imagine if McDonalds takes 15 minutes to serve you a crappy hamburger and you pretty much have Sonic.

Now at this point, you are probably asking yourself, "Why the hell is he bringing up a trip to Sonic that he made two months ago?"

Simple; I don't like their business model but I do like their commercials.

There are some commercials that stick with you forever. For instance, I can still sing the Good & Plenty jingle, I can repeat, almost verbatim, the Alka Seltzer "That's a speecy spicy meatball!" commercial. I can tell you it takes three licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop and I can tell you that when it comes to Brylcreme, a little dab'l do ya.

The Sonic commercials are the kind of commercials that this generation will remember long after Sonic is just a footnote in the annals of dinning history.

Now your asking yourself, "Why the hell is he bringing up old commercials?"

Because Eddie Antar died and I will never forget that his prices were insane, that's why.


There's baseball to watch tonight so I best get to it.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: