Friday, September 9, 2016

I blame Derek Jeter

When Ted Williams retired, he gave a brief speech in the locker room after the game and then went home to go fishing.

When Carl Yastrzemski retired, his entire retirement party consisted of him running around the field giving high fives to as many fans as he could.

When Rico Petrocelli retired, he tossed a ball up into the stands and then took a job hosting Candlepins for Cash.

When Derek Jeter retired, someone decided that they needed to have a celebration at every ball park he played in. During those celebrations, they made speeches, gave him presents, praised him for his years of baseball and basically inflated his already big head. In other words, they made lot of  noise about nothing to prove how much they loved him. The problem is, it set a precedent and now it's happening again.

I don't know about you but I've about had it with the whole "Everyone genuflect because David Ortiz is retiring!" thing.

Personally, I think he should have retired about four years ago.

Enough with the retiring.


I'm going to watch the baseball game.

While I do that, you should think about clicking on these links:

No comments: