Sunday, September 11, 2016

I was at MassMutual and my wife was teaching at A.I.C.

I called her and said, "Get ready to get the kids out of school and head for the hills because it looks like we are being attacked."

Turned out we didn't need to head for the hills but it was a tough few weeks for everyone. All the planes were grounded and there was a constant flow of news out of New York & Washington covering the smoldering ruins.

Eventually there were patriotic songs written, there was lots of flag waving and we got a whole bunch of new security rules we never had before.

We found out who did it pretty quickly and we went into the middle east with a vengeance. It would take us another 10 years to get the guy in charge of the group that did it and after he was dead, nothing changed. We still have all the security rules and we still have a whole bunch of people out there who want to destroy our way of life.

Personally, I think they succeeded because our way of life is drastically different than it was in the twentieth century. We are terrified of everything and it takes nothing to send us into a panic. We have been in one war or another for the last 20 years, thousands of our kids have died and thousands more have been maimed.

I'm not sure when we will overcome our current reality but I hope that one day in the near future, people will look at different things with interest instead of fear.


So the Red Sox took 2 out of 3 from the Blue Jays and now have a two game lead in the ALEast over both the Blue Jays and the Orioles..

As for the Yankees, they are currently 2 games behind the wild card and have a pretty damned good shot at making it into the playoffs if they keep playing the way they've been.

It's gonna be an interesting September.


The Patriots are going to play football this evening and since football has a fixed length of time, I assume I can watch at least half the game before I fall asleep.

While I watch that, you can click on these:

No comments: