Monday, September 26, 2016

I like last minute decisions.

I was watching the news this morning and from what I can tell, the rest of the week is going to be kind of crappy, weather-wise, so I made a last minute decision to get an hour of flying in. I called the airport to see if they had any aircraft available and as luck would have it, they had one rental left.

Apparently I wasn't the only that felt like flying today because the air around Northampton was a little crowded. That meant I needed to pay close attention to everyone and they needed to pay attention to me.

I would take off, turn to the north  fly about 10 miles and then turn around to re-enter the pattern, all the while talking to the other folks that were flying.

I did three pattern entries with full stop landings, all of which went pretty damned well.

I figure practicing pattern entry and landing is always a good idea. Anyone can get a plane up into the air but putting it on safely back on the ground is kind of important so I'll practice that every chance I get.


My uncle Marino is a writer. he spent a large part of his life working for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette writing about the local professional and college sports teams but his forte' was golf.

He loves the sport of golf even though he sucks at it but he sure can write about it.

As a result of his career, he was friendly with a lot of professional golfers and one of those that he was particularly close to was Arnold Palmer.

Back in 2005, the PGA asked Marino to write a tribute to Arnold Palmer for that years Seniors Championship. It was a great article and you should read it.


No baseball tonight so I'll have to figure out what I want to watch. The debate is on but I have no desire to watch it.

I'll see what I have for DVRs and if I can't find anything, I'll probably put the debate on while I surf the internet looking for funny stuff.


Here are today's links:

No comments: