Friday, July 31, 2020

It might be time

I got to thinking about some things today and it occured to me that I've only seen my buddies once since March when we got together for some "pizza" at Tommy's place on a Friday afternoon in June.

The reason I haven't seen them is because of the 'rona.

But I've come to the conclusion that I have a far better chance of getting 'rona when I go grocery shopping or over to Home Depot with a bunch of muddle-headed strangers who probably just got back from a Florida vacation than I do sitting at a "restaurant table" with three guys I've known for years and who would tell me if they had 'rona.

I'm gonna be pissed if I spend the rest of the year not hanging out with my friends and I still end up with 'rona from the muddle-headed grocery store people.

I think I'm gonna have to make another "pizza" stop one of these days.


This is from 2014 but it's still relevant in 2020. It's from one of my favorite websites, The Onion:


They are saying a hurricane/tropical storm is heading our way. They are saying Tuesday may be kind of nasty.

They say a lot of things...

Here's what I know. Warm water has pushed pretty far north in the Atlantic. Here's a map showing the bulge:

As you can see, the warm tropical water temps are all the way up to New York, Connecticut and Rhode Island. The Cape and Islands aren't much cooler.

Warm ocean water is what drives and feed hurricanes. That means that any tropical depression that moves up the coast in the form of a hurricane will probably remain a hurricane as it enters New England waters.

I don't know about you but I'm gonna make sure my generator and my fuel containers are full.


The Red Sox are on a two-game winning streak and are no longer tied for last place in the MLB. That honor goes to the Angels and the Diamondbacks who both have a 2-5 record.

The Red Sox are taking on the Yankees tonight so I'm hoping that kid Weber turns things around and I wake up tomorrow morning to find they have a three-game winning streak.


Here are some links:

No comments: