Thursday, July 9, 2020

Proof that I have a heart (and lungs)

Four or five years ago, my doctor signed me up for a program that Baystate Health is running for ex-smokers. It's pretty simple - every year I go to Baystate Imaging and they do a low-grade CT scan of my lungs. The idea is that they can compare the results to last year, looking for changes and hopefully catching any lung cancer in the early stages.

I have no inane fear of coming down with lung cancer but since the process is quick and simple, I keep doing it.

Well, that and the fact the send me these cool images every year:

The black areas are my lungs (clear of any gerb, smegma or fleck), the grey area in the middle is proof that I do indeed have a heart and the bright white areas are bones. Basically, you are looking down from above at my spine, my lungs, my heart, my ribs and various other innards.

I personally think that's pretty cool.


Tonight's baseball game is only 3 years old but the big thing to remember is that as of today, we are only 15 days away from actual live baseball being played.

While I watch old baseball and hockey, can click on new links and stuff:

No comments: