Saturday, July 11, 2020

Man, I do not miss that place

I decided to find out what my life was like 5 years ago so I pulled up my post from July 11, 2015.

I am very, very glad I do not work for that organization any longer. Don't misunderstand, they gave me a great career for 20 years, a good career for 5 years, a crappy career for 5 years and a nice little retirement package. I enjoyed the people I worked with and, let's face it, I never had to do anything that caused me injuries or harm.

All in all, it gave me and my family a good life. Towards the end, it turned into a shitty place to be but still not terrible.

But as a pretty bright man once said to me, "You have no idea how much stress you are under until you are no longer under it."

Having been out of that stressful environment for the last 4 years has certainly made my life better. I no longer pop famotidine and tums like candy, I don't stop for drinks all the time, I've received about 3 phone calls from work in the 4 years I've been there and I still see the people I worked with at MM over the aforementioned 30 year career.

I miss the large salary but I'm substantially happier now than I was then.


Here are some links:

No comments: